Bring the much-needed finishing touches to your photographs with the right post-processing techniques using Adobe Lightroom. This workshop not only helps you understand the essence and techniques of processing for your pictures, but also helps you take a holistic approach to post-processing and managing your images.
Workshop DateMarch 18, 2017
Have you ever wondered how some works of photography stand well apart from the rest, appearing very realistic and having quality far beyond what your camera could have produced? Ever pondered on how those images would have a precise exposure, contrast, colours and crispness in every corner such that there is not a pixel faulty in the image? Learn to bring this touch of perfection your digital images and discover how to post-process your photographs to make them stand out.
This one-day workshop on digital post-processing will help you bring out the best in your photographs, after you have transferred them from your camera. This carefully designed workshop takes a holistic approach, where you not only learn individual tools, but also to deconstruct an image to understand what improvements are required and what should be the approach to processing it. And if digital post-processing sounded daunting to you in the past, fear not; in this workshop, you will understand why photographers have been enhancing their images since the days of Ansel Adams, and how you can effortlessly apply similar techniques in the digital darkroom.
Who Should Join?
This workshop is for you if you would like learn how to enhance your photographs to make them stand out and manage your photo archives in a structured workflow. No previous knowledge in processing images is needed to attend this workshop. Basic knowledge of photography is desirable, but not essential.
At the end of the workshop you will –
- be able establish a methodical workflow and approach to managing and processing your images
- be able to setup your camera, computer display and software settings to get the best end-result and begin shooting with complete workflow in focus.
- understand post-processing in detail to help you bring considerable enhancement in the quality of your photographs out-from-the-camera
- go beyond randomly applying effects or overcooking images and start thinking like a photographer who knows what it to takes to get consistently good photos.
This carefully designed workshop takes a holistic approach, where you not only learn individual tools, but also to deconstruct an image to understand what improvements are required and what should be the approach to processing it.
Module 1: Introduction to Post Processing
We discuss fundamental concepts related to digital post processing. These concepts are camera brand and software agnostic. We set the foundation for learning tools, processing, and output formats by understanding these concepts. This is also a chance for participants to ask questions related to digital post processing in a freewheeling discussion.
- Setting up a Digital Darkroom
- Why process an image?
- File formats, EXIF and color spaces
- Raw vs JPG
- Recommended in-camera settings
- Identifying areas of improvement in a photograph with before/after examples
- Color temperature
Module 2: Introduction to Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is the post-processing tool that would be used in this workshop. We take the first steps to understand why this software is so useful for photographers. We also understand the interface and how to get started.
- The Lightroom interface
- The concept of workflow and Lightroom
- Setting up Lightroom on your computer
- The different panels of Lightroom
- History panel
- Importing photos to Lightroom
- Zooming in and out
- Outputting photos from Lightroom
- Organizing your photos using ranking, metadata and key words
- Digital Asset Management best practices
Module 3: Using Lightroom to Process images
We get hands-on and learn techniques to process images. But this module is not only about which slider to push and by how much! We go deep, understanding what each of these techniques do to a photograph, and how they tie into each other.
- Introduction to the ‘Develop’ panel of Lightroom.
- Post processing options
- Achieving a high degree of precision using camera profiles and lens correction profiles.
- Processing techniques in Lightroom (how-tos)
- Cropping tool
- Red-eye reduction and dust spot removal tool
- White balance correction tool
- Exposure correction using different tools
- Contrast correction using different tools
- Saturation correction using different tools
- Sharpness and noise reduction tool
Module 4: Advanced creative processing techniques and configurations
After learning the basic techniques, we go one step further and explore some more powerful options that Lightroom provides.
- Advanced techniques:
- Selective correction tools
- Selective color manipulation
- Monochrome (Black and white)
- Split toning
- Deep configuration settings, power-user options and customization
- Changing the look and feel of the interface
- Using Presets
- Virtual copies
- Changing configuration options
Module 5: Publishing photos
Now that your images are processed, you would want to publish them to different media to share them with the world. This module teaches you how to do that.
- Publishing options
- Outputting processed images (includes watermarking and adding borders)
- Printing via Lightroom
Module 6: Putting it all together and getting creative
Practice makes perfect. Participants get time to work on different images to understand workflows better under the guidance of our Expert.
- Sample workflows for the following types of photos:
- Back and white
- Practice sessions and fine-tuning your workflow.
- Exploring options beyond Lightroom to achieve results such as:
- Grunge look
Nandhana Grand Hotel,
52, 60 Feet Road,
6th Block Koramangala (Next To Vijaya Bank)
Bangalore – 560095
The workshop fee is Rs. 3,850/– per person.
The workshop fee includes:
- Workshop fee
- Lunch and tea/snacks during the workshop
Participants are required to bring their laptops for this workshop.
Your Photography Expert
Pratap J Rao
Pratap J has been shooting and processing digital for nearly 7 years. True to his screen name ‘pixelshooter’, he’s purely a digital photographer who has mastered not just framing with camera, but the entire digital workflow from clicking to processing to printing. He has over 5 years of experience working on popular image editing tools, and he continues to coax the pixels in his photos in new ways, to bring out their best. He is also obsessed with liberating his photographs from the confines of his computer by producing high quality inkjet photo prints. His post processing skills are put to test here, because prints are less forgiving than computer displays. He enjoys landscapes, nature and architectural photography. You can see his online work at pixelshooter.net, and his prints when you attend the workshop.
You can register by making a payment using the ‘checkout securely’ button below, using credit/debit card or netbanking. For alternate payment options or for further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9740083260 (Shreeram M V) / 9880006460 (Arun Bhat). You can also fill up the form at the end of this page if you have any questions.
If you have any queries about this workshop or need some assistance, please fill in the form below. We will get in touch at the earliest.