Date – May 20, 2017
Price – ₹4,600/- per person
What participants say…
Photograph by participant: Balaji
Excellent course content, pace and attitude. Enjoyed the workshop immensely and have recommended the workshop several others at the workplace. – Sneha
i learnt a lot and met really talented people, who helped me with learning photography. – Vikram R
best part of the workshop was the organizers were so patient they were so so good… they helped us in each and every aspect… – Deepak
The instructors are very approachable and ready for help – Shanthanu
Timely help was provided whenever required. Totally worth every Rupee – Rekha
Why you should join this workshop?
This workshop is a great opportunity to get a headstart on an interesting hobby. You should join this workshop if you –
- are keen to begin a creative pursuit
- have a camera with you (or buying one soon) and want to familiarize with all the advanced controls
- have an interest in photography and are just getting started
- are keen to take better photographs, improve your photography skills and also technical knowledge
You need not have any prior photography experience to join this workshop. Take a look at our course content to understand what you learn during the sessions.
You will be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite, though having one helps get better practical insights.
Photograph by a participant: Suryakanth Sajjan
Photograph by participant: Omkar Anil Gune
Through this workshop, we introduce you to the core concepts of photography. You will learn about the different modes of the camera, how to use the various technical features on your camera and lenses and how to compose photographs that are admired by everyone. So the next time you click a photograph, you’ll create a memory to cherish.
- Understanding your camera
- Understanding digital cameras and associated photography gear
- Familiarization with all the controls in your camera
- Camera modes and making the best out of your camera – Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual modes
- Technical Concepts of photography
- Focus and Focal Length
- Understanding exposure, histograms and metering
- Aperture, Depth of Field, Shutter-speed, ISO and White Balance
- Knowing what makes a technically good photograph; identifying problems in images
- Stories through your photographs
- Guidelines for good composition
- Understanding quality and play of light
This is a hands-on workshop where the participants practice every concept that is discussed in the sessions. It is essential that the participants bring their cameras to the workshop to get the best out of this session.
Photograph by participant: Glancy Fernandes
After the workshop, you will be able to
- move away from photographing in Automatic mode.
- understand the different controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting.
- know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject.
- understand the nuances of composition, which helps in taking appealing images.
- make the best use of your camera’s abilities and open up to unlimited possibilities in photography.
Workshop Venue and Timings
Hotel Nandhana Grand
52, 5th Cross,
60 Feet Road,
Next to Vijaya Bank,
6th Block, Koramangala,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
Workshop Timings: 8:30AM to 5:30PM
The workshop fee is Rs. 4,600/- per person.
The workshop fee includes:
- Classroom sessions on photography under the guidance of Darter Photography Expert
- Lunch and tea/snacks on the workshop day
- Workshop reference material
- Service Tax at 15%
You would be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite, though having one can give you better practical insights into camera controls.
Join this Workshop
You can register and make payment online below by choosing the number of participants and clicking on ‘Register’ button. If you can’t make online registration and require alternate payment options or for further information, email us at email@example.com or call us at 7022166822 (Sreedevi) / 9740083260 (Shreeram M V). You may also fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
You can also fill in the form below for any queries regarding the workshop.