Jump to section: ◆ What participants say… ◆ Who should join? ◆ Topics Covered ◆ Take-aways ◆ Workshop Venue ◆ Workshop Schedule ◆ Workshop Cost ◆ Photos by Participants ◆ Join this Workshop
Dates – March 18 – 19, 2017
Price – ₹6,000/- per person
What participants say…
Excellent course content, pace and attitude. Enjoyed the workshop immensely and have recommended the workshop several others at the workplace. My expectation of the workshop was not very high to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised at the amound I learnt on the first day.
Photography by participant: Balaji.
i learnt a lot and met really talented people, who helped me with learning photography.
– Vikram R
best part of the workshop was the organizers were so patient they were so so good… they helped us in each and every aspect…
The instructors are very approachable and ready for help
Timely help was provided whenever required. Totally worth every Rupee
Why you should join this workshop?
This workshop is a great opportunity to begin an interesting hobby and a creative pursuit. You should join this workshop if you –
- are keen to begin a creative pursuit
- have a camera with you (or buying one soon) and want to familiarize with all the advanced contorls
- have an interest in photography and are just getting started
- are keen to take better photographs, improve your photography skills and also technical knowledge
You need not have any prior photography experience to join this workshop. Take a look at our course content to understand what you learn during the sessions.
You will be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite, though having one helps get better practical insights.
Photograph by a participant: Suryakanth Sajjan
Through this workshop, we introduce you to the technical, artistic and social aspects of photography with this workshop. You will learn about the concepts of photography, what the different modes of a camera mean, how to compose a photograph so that it catches the eye, how to post-process it to reflect reality or make it artistic. So the next time you click a photograph, you’ll create a memory to cherish.
The workshop is conducted as a healty mix of indoor sessions with a lot of theory+practice along with outdoor session that offers diverse subjects to test your learning.
Photograph by participant: Omkar Anil Gune
- Understanding your camera
- Understanding digital cameras and associated photography gear
- Familiarization with all the controls in your camera
- Camera modes and making the best out of your camera – Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual modes
- Technical Concepts of photography
- Technical aspects of making a photograph
- Focus and Focal Length
- Understanding exposure, histograms and metering
- Aperture, Depth of Field, Shutter-speed, ISO and White Balance
- Knowing what makes a technically good photograph; identifying problems in images
- Stories through your photographs
- Guidelines for good composition
- Understanding quality and play of light
- Types of photography and their nuances
- Portrait, Landscape, Wildlife, Architecture and Macro photography at a glance
- Post-processing images on the computer
- Guided field session at Lal Bagh to practice concepts learnt in the classroom
- Review of photographs from field session
After the workshop, you will be able to
- understand the different controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting.
- know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject.
- understand the nuances of composition, which helps in taking appealing images.
- make the best use of your camera’s abilities and open up to unlimited possibilities in photography.
Photograph by participant: Glancy Fernandes.
Hotel Nandhana Grand
52, 5th Cross,
60 Feet Road,
Next to Vijaya Bank,
6th Block, Koramangala,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
Day 1 (Saturday): We will begin the workshop at 9:30AM at Hotel Nandhana Grand, in Koramangala. Day 1 would be indoor sessions where we’ll go through the concepts of photography interspersed with practice sessions, with breaks for lunch and snacks/tea. First day’s workshop ends by 5:30 PM.
Day 2 (Sunday): We meet at Lal Bagh at 6:15 AM to get the best of early morning light. We’ll practice the concepts (learnt on Day 1) till about 8:15 AM. We’ll have breakfast enroute and return to the hotel. We’ll continue with the indoor sessions and image reviews. The second day’s session ends with lunch by 3:30 PM.
Photos by Participants
Here is a sample of images taken during the field session (on day 2) by participants.
View some more images at: panning-photos-at-our-photography-workshop/
© Glancy Fernandes.
© Shikha Singh
© Arpita Bhawal
© Devangana Viresh Gupta
© Howard Giblin
© Smriti Raj Vardhini
© Omkar Anil Gune
The workshop fee is Rs. 6,000/- per person.
The workshop fee includes:
- Classroom sessions and field session under the guidance of Darter Photography Expert
- Lunch and tea/snacks for both days of the workshop
- Breakfast on Day 2 after field session
You would be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite, though having one can give you better practical insights into camera controls.
You can register and make payment online below by choosing the number of participants and clicking on ‘Register’ button. If you can’t make online registration and require alternate payment options or for further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 7022166822 (Sreedevi) / 9880006460 (Arun Bhat). You may also fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
You can also fill in the form below for any queries regarding the workshop.