Darter Photography presents a food styling and photography workshop is association with Dirty Apron, New Delhi, for passionate food photographers who want to take their food photography to the next level. The workshop aims at imparting practical skills with live demo to ensure pro quality pictures by participants after the workshop. Passionate food blogger, stylist and photographer Deeba Rajpal will conduct this workshop and take you through nuances of food photography and styling. Prasad Np a passionate photographer and travel and food writer will take you through basics of photography.
Workshop DateJune 26, 2017
Photography Workshop Overview
Darter Photography introduces you to the technical and artistic aspects of food photography with this workshop.
You will learn about the basic concepts of Food Styling and Photography
It will be a hands-on session with a combination of theory as well as practice sessions with the help of mentors during the session.
Post workshop you will be able to
- Take better food pictures
- Understand your camera better
- Importance of Food Styling
- Use of props in Food styling and photography
- Tips from experts about how to take your pictures to the next level
- Detailed feedback and testimonials from our participants.
- Descriptive experiences of the photography workshop by a participant.
- Five reasons for learning photography with us.
- Blog post about past Food Styling and Photography workshop
- Images clicked by participants in the last Food Styling and Photography Workshop
Who Should Join?
This workshop is for
- Those who are passionate about clicking great food pictures
- Food Bloggers
- Food Stylist
- Home Chefs and bakers who like to share their pictures on social networks
- Aspiring Food photographers
this photography workshop is for you.
You will be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite.
But you are expected to know the basic functionality of the camera you are bringing. Do also carry a tripod if you have one.
Session Will Include
- What is food photography
- Challenges of Food Photography
- A session of basics of photography with core concepts like Aperture, Shutter Speed, Depth of field lights etc. covered
- Composition techniques
- Different Angles to click food
- Best equipment for Food photography
- Tricks learned over years of food photography by the mentors
- Practice session
- Interaction with Chef on food
- Clicking Food Pictures vs telling a food story using pictures
- Food blogging and Food pictures for Instagram
- Interaction with Chef and team at the restaurant. They will share some of their food styling and plating secrets.
- Understanding Food Styling for different foods
- Composition rules – and how to break them creatively
- Clicking pictures using available light
- Creative use of colors
- Use of props to create mood and styling
- Challenges when clicking in field e.g in a Restaurant
- Styling and clicking raw ingredients
- Challenges clicking & styling hot and cold beverages
- Sharing and networking using food pictures
After the workshop, you will be able to
- Understand the different controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting.
- Know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject.
- Understand the nuances of composition, angles, use of the prop in food pictures, which helps in taking appealing images.
- Make the best use of your camera’s abilities and open up possibilities in food photography.
Address: B6-7/22, Safdarjung Enclave market
New Delhi, India
- 10:30 am: Intros and expectations settings
- 11: 00 am Understanding what level each participant is with their camera and photography
- Class room session
- Continue with session and presentation.
- Click some pictures to understand buttons on camera
- 1:30 pm Lunch Break, with some chat with Chef
- Session continues. More practice with pictures
- This will be a practice break and participants will practice on the snacks and food served during this break
- Assignments will be given during this session.
- Review of images clicked
- 4:00 pm goodbye.
NOTE: Based on the skills/interest of the attendees, we may bifurcate the group as per their proficiency level
Q A and informal discussion around food styling and photography
Good bye: 4 pm.
The workshop fee is Rs. 5000/- per person.
The workshop fee includes:
- Classroom sessions and practice session under the guidance of Darter Photography Expert
- Lunch and tea/snacks during workshop
- Membership to Exclusive by Invitation Only Darter Photography group of Facebook where you can ask questions and interact with other Darter Photographers and continue to enhance your photography skills.
You would be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite.
Join This Workshop
You can register by making a payment using the payment gateway below
For alternate payment options or for further information, please fill in the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ph no: 9910407312
Excellent course content, pace and attitude
..as a beginner, it was a good hands on learning experience
“best part of the workshop was the organizers were so patient they were so so good… they helped us in each and every aspect…
Timely help was provided whenever required. Totally worth every Rupee
The instructors are very approachable and ready for help
A non conformist, passionate & ‘rabid’ baker and blogger from Gurgaon, for whom visual appeal holds as much significance as healthy and delectable food. Any idea that grabs my fancy becomes a springboard for creativity. A ‘locavore’, a ‘bake-a-holic’, an ‘absolut’ baker are synonymous with who I am, a reflection of the artisan baker in me. My mantra – ‘Bake From Scratch’. Join me in my culinary adventures as I try to conquer the oven!
Notes: rabid: (adj) marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea
Passionate About Baking is a food blog about baking, cooking, photography, food trends, cuisines, and cultures. It’s mainly about ‘Doing Food from Scratch’. The blogger is based in India where she explores baking with fruit, new ingredients, alternative flours, gluten free foods etc. She enjoys food styling, food photography & recipe development. Check some of her work on her blog: Passionate About Baking
Prasad Np: Is a passionate photographer and travel writer with published work in many magazines and newspapers. He is Chief Evangelist at Darter and takes care of the building and growing new markets, business, partnerships, blog and social media platforms for Darter. He also writes travel, photography and food blog desi Traveler
You can register by making a payment using the payment gateway below. For alternate payment options or for further information, email us at email@example.com or call 9910407312.
You can also fill in the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact phone number: 9910407312 for any queries regarding the workshop.