Dates – Feb 16-18, 2018
Price – ₹19,450/- per person
Max participants: 8 only
This tour begins from and ends in Bangalore.
Transport from Bangalore to Badami is included in the tour itinerary.
Join us on this intense workshop to understand everything about photographing the night sky – stars, star trails and timelapse movies of the glittering universe. This three day learning on shooting starry skies will not only take you through what it takes to make brilliant images of starry nights, but will help you return with a beautiful collection of images that make heads turn!
Come on board this workshop to master the art and techniques of capturing the beauty of night skies like you never thought you could!
Jump to section: Itinerary ◆ Prerequisites ◆ Workshop Content ◆ Is This Tour For You? ◆ Workshop Price ◆ Workshop Mentor ◆ Join This Workshop
Itinerary in Brief
- Day 1 – Travel to Badami from Bangalore, indoor sessions and shoots
- Leave from Bangalore in the morning, starting from designated pickup point.
- Arrive in Badami by late afternoon.
- Briefing and sessions on photographing stars & star-trails in the evening.
- Outdoor photography sessions post dinner.
- Day 2 – Reviews, indoor sessions and shoots.
- Review of images and critique session of images made during Day 1.
- Session on Post processing for star photography.
- Continued session on photographing stars.
- Outdoor photography sessions post dinner.
- Day 3 – Reviews and return journey.
- Post breakfast, drive to Bangalore.
- Review and critique sessions during the return journey.
- Drop off at designated locations in Bangalore.
Equipment & Prerequisites
Equipment needed for photographing stars and star trails
- Camera – Any DSLR/mirrorless or equivalent camera with manual settings with a lens having focal length of 24mm or less.
- A Tripod.
- An intervalometer or a remote/cable release for shooting star trails and timelapses.
Prerequisites for this workshop
Participants for this workshop are expected to understand basic camera settings – aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
In case you have any questions on this, please get in touch with us. We may be able to refresh you with these details during the workshop as needed.
Workshop Content – What you will learn on Stars & Star Trails Photography Workshop
This workshop is designed to help you understand comprehensive workflow on photographing stars, starting with pre-shoot readiness, shooting on field and post-processing for stars photography. The workshop is a balanced mix of indoor sessions/reviews and practical exposure on field. The content of the workshop includes:
- Understanding pre-shoot preparations for photographing stars, recce, using phone-apps and more.
- Understanding camera settings and equipment for photographing stars.
- Compositions and aesthetics in photographing stars.
- Practice sessions during the nights – shooting stars, star trails, choice of foregrounds, light painting, timelapses and more.
- Review sessions, image critique, image sharing and further improvements.
Is this Workshop Suited for You?
The workshop on photographing stars and star-trails is meant for anyone who is keen to learn about making beautiful images of star-studded night skies.
It is expected that the participants understand the basic camera operations and settings – aperture, shutter speeds and ISO. In case you have any questions on this, please get in touch with us. We may be able to refresh you with these details during the workshop as needed.
To make the best of this workshop, you will need a tripod, and a DSLR or an equivalent camera that permits manual settings. Please see the equipment list mentioned earlier in this page, or get in touch if you need more information.
Our photographers interact closely with every participants and work with you no matter what is your expertise level in photography. Visit our tour faq to know more details about how our photography tours are conducted.
The cost of this workshop is Rs.19,650 per person.
The cost includes
- Travel from Bangalore and return in a private vehicle.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis. Single supplement available on request at an additional cost.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Day 1 & 2; breakfast and lunch on Day 3.
- Local transport as required in Badami.
- Photography sessions, on-field assistance and image reviews.
The cost does not include
- Travel from locations other than Bangalore.
- Addition beverages, snacks and bottled water.
- Tips and other expenses not mentioned in the inclusion mentioned above.
– Cancellation at least 15 days before the date of tour commencement: 75% of the tour fee is refunded
– 15 to 7 days before date of tour commencement: 50% of the tour fee is refunded
– 7 to 4 days before date of commencement: 25% of the tour fee is refunded
– No refunds for cancellation made less than four days before tour begins.
Your Photography Mentor
Landscape photography for Pratap is an extension of his love for the outdoors. From when he picked up the camera, he has always preferred composing using a wide-angle lens. The word ‘landscape’ according to him is misleading because his compositions include water and sky as well.
Landscape photography in India is challenging given the density of population. However, this is a land of varied geographical features and rich cultural heritage. The opportunities are unique and endless for the determined photographer. Pratap’s life mission is to capture the beauty of Indian vistas before they disappear.
You can see his work online at www.pratapj.com/.
Please register by making a payment using the payment gateway below. For alternate payment options or for further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sreedevi (+91-7022166822).
You may also fill in the form below for any queries.